Atlanta-based stylists and wardrobe consultants. Helping customers reinvent their closets with real, attainable fashion.

4.17.2011

My Austin Travel Essentials


I’m headed to Austin next weekend, so to avoid a last minute packing scramble – here are the key pieces I’m packing for a Texas Spring (so, 90 degree heat and Thunderstorms).


Skinny Jeans – no shocker here, jeans are a travel wardrobe staple. I like bringing Madewell Legging Jeans in a dark black and dark blue rinse because they can be dressed up or down.


Oodles of Colorful Scarves – one of the many benefits of a generous mother-in-law who visits India a lot. Wearing a scarf is an easy way to accessorize and add color to an outfit. Can multi-task as humidity or sun protection too. 


Cross-body Purses – while in Austin we’ll be going to a few shows so it’ll be imperative to have cute hands-free purses. The first, an awesome Coach purse lovingly worn in by my Grandmother and the second a fabulous purse by Argentine designer Peter Kent.  I probably won’t bring the olive with gold grommets Tory Burch bag, but I can’t leave her out of the photo shoot either!


Boots and Strappy Sandals – Sadly, based on the forecast it looks like my L.L. Bean wellies will be worn a lot while we’re there. Just in case the sun does come out, I picked up these shoes from Madewell this weekend. The nude color will go with anything and the lower heel is ideal for an active weekend.


xox – Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment